For every hour a child rides, much more time is invested into the preparation and clean-up required for the day. Read through the timeline below for an idea of what our days are like getting ready to ride. A BIG thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers who keep things in the barn moving smoothly!
- Feed horses – 2 hours prior to lessons
- Put tack together – 5 minutes per rider
- Prepare Stalls – Add shavings, add hay and water – 5 minutes per horse
- Bring horses from pasture to stalls – 10 minutesper horse
- Groom horse for class – 15 minutes per horse
- Mounting – 5 minutes per rider
- Lesson Content – 45 minutes
- Dismounting – 5 minutes per rider
Clean Up Time
- Pull tack from horse, put tack back in tack room – 10 minutes per horse
- Brush horse and clean hooves – 10 minutes per horse
- Take horse to correct pasture – 10 minutes per horse
- Clean stall, empty water buckets, replenish hay and water – 15 minutes per stall
Interested in becoming a Barn Volunteer? Download paperwork here!