To offer effective and creative equine-assisted therapy to children with special needs;
To provide a positive, non-judgmental environment for riders and their families;
To encourage the development of human-animal relationships;
To use our riding activities in support of the goals from other therapies, schools, etc.
To offer equine-assisted therapy to children with special needs for as long as those needs exist in our world.
[As stated by one of our parents]
- Confidence ?to develop a relationship and respect with the horses and humans
- Empathy ?the understanding and acceptance of ones own limitations, and the caring of others with more needs than our own
- Love ?the need to care for and respect animals and people
- Volunteering ?for all involved to witness that the program could not exist without people giving their time and energy
- Concentration ? the art of practicing focus and concentration to achieve all types of goals
- Unconditional Acceptance ?by all horses and humans within the program and beyond